Sep 27, 2009

Bass Fisherman Fishing Tips

For The Bass Fisherman Fishing Tips

Fishing Tips – Bass Fisherman

If you're a bass angler, you're always looking for more tips right?  In this article, I'm going to give you some great tips to help you be more successful and catch more bass.  Many, but not all, of the tips contained in this article are for those of you who enjoy catching smallmouth bass in the flowing waters of small rivers and streams.  Why?  Because I've been using these tips to catch "smallies" out of these types of water for many years, and it's one of the types of fishing that I enjoy greatly.   To me there's nothing better than standing in the flowing waters of a small river or stream attempting to catch fish.

Not only that, but for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of hooking, and landing a three plus pound smallmouth in current, let me tell you something...it's as much fun as can be had with your clothes on!  These tips will help any bass angler be more successful.  Begin employing one or all of them sooner, rather than later.

Let's begin with the fishing gear that's used.  When I use the term 'fishing gear', I'm referring specifically to your rod, reel, and line.   For these bass there is no need to use rods or reels that are heavier than light action.  I prefer ultra light rods and reels, but light is most certainly passable.  As far as your fishing line is concerned, six pound test should be the max.  I prefer to use four-pound test, but again six pound test is passable.  The bottom line is that light gear and light line should be used when fishing for "smallies" in small rivers and streams.

As far as live baits are concerned, it's difficult to beat a live worm for Smallmouth.  That's why I always rig my worms on a set of gang hooks, for a realistic presentation.  A live worm rigged on gang hooks and allowed to flow naturally with the current, is hard to beat.  I've probably had as much success with this rig, as I have with any method of presenting live bait.

Next, we're going to cover lures.  Any lure that mimics a crayfish, is usually a good lure for these feisty fish.  Lures such as Rooster Tails and spoons such as cast masters usually work quite well also.  Remember the more lifelike the lure looks under the water, the better.  This is why lures such as Curl Tail soft baits are so effective.  These lures are amazingly realistic under the water.

As I said earlier, begin employing these tips sooner, rather than later and your catch rates will increase dramatically.  The final tip I have is to always pay attention to the weather and moon, so that you're fishing when the fish are the most active.  As you can guess, when the fish are more active, they are much more apt to bite your offering.

For The Bass Fisherman Fishing Tips